Regular Strategy Meetings: Initiative Mediation Support Germany / Federal Foreign Office
In 2013, the Initiative Mediation Support Germany (Berghof Foundation, Center for Peace Mediation, CSSP - Berlin Center for Integrative Mediation, Inmedio and the ZIF - Center for International Peace Operations) formed a joint advisory group on how Germany’s contribution to peace mediation and mediation support can be further strengthened. Cooperative projects have developed from this exchange (e.g. The Common House: Supporting and Broadening Dialogue Processes in Odessa, Ukraine). The initiative works closely with different parliamentary groups and brings discussion points into the German Bundestag’s Subcommittee on Civil Crisis Prevention, Conflict Management and Cross-linked Action.
In regular strategy meetings with representatives of several departments of the German Federal Foreign Office current developments in the field are discussed and common initiatives to professionalize peace mediation in German foreign policy are developed. A first joint event was the conference Germany as Mediator – Peace Mediation and Mediation Support in German Foreign Policy in November 2014.
- Germany as Mediator: Peace Mediation and Mediation Support in German Foreign Policy, Nov 2014
- Mediation Expert Meeting “Identifying Mediation Entry Points”, Oct 2015
Collaborative Papers IMSD
- Das deutsche Bekenntnis zur Friedensmediation ausbuchstabieren – eine Positionierung der Initiative Mediation Support (IMSD)
- International Mediation: Short description & suggestions for policymakers
- Peace mediation in the coalition agreement
Collaborative Papers IMSD in cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office